Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, February 13, 2015

Key to My Heart Canvas

This week starts a new challenge at Frosted Designs - Get Messy!!  Use at least 2:  Mist, Ink, paint, molding paste and/or gesso.

I used a 6 x 6 canvas, some mists, ink and paint to create my project. 
I started out with this canvas from the Forever Yours Kit and some Dylusions Ink. 
I misted and misted and layered the Bubblegum Pink and After Midnight Dylusions Ink. 
I placed the Mini Love Post template over my canvas and used White Linen Dylusions Ink over the template.  The strangest thing happened - my colors did not turn white (as I expected) they became more vibrant!! 
I loved it even more!! 
I used up the drops of extra ink with a paper towel and inked the sides of the canvas.  I then inked the edges of the canvas with Picket Fence distressed paint. 
I added a bit of detailing on the edges and the hearts with African Jade Silks Acrylic Glaze.  I love the depth this blue adds.
I really did not want to cover up too much of my canvas.  I hand cut a heart out of an adhesive piece of canvas.  I used Pearlescent Orchid Dew Drop ink and Teal Damask ink to add dimension to the heart.  I added the pearls and lace (from Sweet Love Kit) and key to finish the canvas.  I call this Key to My Heart.



4 comments:

Raechelle Bellus said...

This is so pretty! I love the rich beautiful colors and step by step tutorial. Awesome work for the challenge!

Lori Comeau said...

Fabulous project, great colors and I love the design.

Charlotte C said...

I love this, Lori. It's stunning. Looks like I should get some canvas and spray inks.

Emily @ Two Purple Couches said...

This is beautiful! I love the look of the misted, splattered paint! Thanks for linking up at Creative Spark. Hope you'll join us again today :)