Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Frosted Design Sketchy Tuesday ~ Christmas 1969

Here is my take on the Frosted Designs Sketchy Tuesday Sketch:

This is my older brother and I (yes that is right ~ I am dressed in yellow and brown NOT traditional Christmas dressy colors or pink!!!) sitting on the fireplace hearth.  She took a photo of us kids every year on that hearth until she passed away.  It is hard to see here, but she made our stockings.  I still have mine!

Here is the sketch.

Here is a close up of the ric rac on the stockings and the card basket.  I wanted to put ric rac around the entire page, but it was a bit too much!!  I journaled on a stocking with gold stickles around the edges.

I thought the gold pointsettia fit right in with the decor.  I used holly leaves with stickles.

Here is another look at the layout.  Thanks for looking back in time with me!!

6 comments:

Barb Craft said...

Lori... I LOVE this LO!! The kraft paper background is just perfect! And look at how cute you are!! This is a darling photo!
barb :)

all the days of our life said...

Oh I LOVE this Lori....Love the colors and the Christmas embellishments are just perfect.

li-bee-ti said...

Great take on the sketch, Lori! The embellishments are so beautiful and I just love that glittered red ric rac! It adds so much to the whole lo.
And the photo is so cute! You both look adorable.

Fern said...

Lori, I love your layout!! The kraft bg is perfect with your sweet photo and I love the way you added the stickles!!! Hugs!!!

Angela said...

loved this weeks sketch Lori! and what you have done too! kraft is my absolute fav at the moment!

Debbie said...

Sweet layout Lori! Love those poinsettias and stickles!