Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, December 31, 2010

Frosted Designs Challenge ~ Quote

Here is my deisgn for Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge today.  I had "crafter's block" trying to find a quote that would work with any of the pictures I had!  I kept thinking of "click it or ticket" and "there is no crying in baseball" but those would not work!  I even went online to look up quotes.  Finally, I looked at my entryway wall and saw this quote in vinyl and just knew it would work!

I used Paper Lace to make a background paper and the font.  On Layer 1 I put the heart mesh on the screen and sized it to 8.0w x 7.77h.

On Layer 2, I put the title.  The smaller words are 1 inch tall and the larger words are 1.31 inches tall.  I welded the smaller words together, and left the larger separate in all caps. 

On Layer 3, I put the shadow of the heart mesh.

Here is the heart mesh cut out.

I was not sure which color I wanted the background of the mesh, so I cut it out in black first.  This way, my words were positioned on my page right where I wanted them.  I decided against the black background and chose white instead.

I ran my letters and words through my Xyron.  I put my "negative" paper on my background paper and stuck the letters and words on.

This way my words are straight and centered.

I carefully pull up the "negative" paper.

Here are the words on the paper.

I did not have the right flowers, so I took these white paper flowers and inked them silver with Tim Holtz silver alcohol ink.  They turned out super shiny!
I added a scrap of black and white paper and some silver ribbon behind the mesh.  I added the silver flowers with red gems.  I filled in one of the hearts with black diamond stickles.  These family photos were taken last week when we were visiting friends.

This layout is a little bit busier than my typical style, but I like it!

5 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a great page. I love the heart background.
Happy New Year To You and Your Family!

Summer said...

What a great tutorial, I dont own a G but I always love seeing what it can do! TFS

Angi Barrs said...

Wonderful layout. Happy New Year to ya! :)

Leti EM said...

the paper lace ROCKS!

ruth said...

What a cute page Lori! I love how you did the background lace.

I just got a Cricut for Christmas....I wish I could spend a day with you learning how to use it. :)

Happy New Year!