Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Graduation Card



It is Graduation Season!!!

I am typically a scrapbooker, but I do like making Graduation Cards.

My son is a junior and we have been invited to several parties this year so I am taking notes for next year!!

Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway sharing my Graduation Card at Sweet Sassy Diva's today.

I started out with a purple 8x8 piece of cardstock.  Tony's school color happens to be one of my favorites!!

Fold both ways at 4 inches and fold one diagonal.  I used my Martha Steward Score Board to score.

I pierced a hole and put a purple brad in one of the unfolded squares of the paper.  I created a tassel with purple twine and tied it around the brad.

I used this circle from Happy Graduation sized at a WIDTH of 3.5.

I sized the width to 3.5 instead of the height as the design measures more wide than tall (see the black  square on my mat) and I usually forget to take Real Size off so I measured it as it was.

I cut two pieces of white carstock 3.75" x 3.75" and adhered the circle on one.

On the other, I used one of my CTMH stamps that came with my Art Philosophy bundle and personalized it for Graduation.

I adhered the white cardstock to the inside of my card, the one with the circle to the top (with the tassel) and the one with the sentiment on the bottom.


Here is what the card looks like closed.

Here it is partially opened up.

I went to a Stampin' Up Card Class with my good friend Jenny last week and got this idea from the demonstrator Joyce.  She has about a million (it seems) projects in her basement area on display and was helpful enough to share the instructions!!

Here is another card I made this year using Varsity Letter and my Gypsy:


 Come back tomorrow to see how I made this one.




4 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow! I love these graduation cards they are just awesome. TFS

D- said...

Love your graduation card. TFS.
Can't wait to see the instructions for tomorrow's card.
dmcardmaker (email follower)

Claire Spielman said...

Fabulous & fun1 Thanks for the easy peasy instructions and inspiration this morning. I just knocked one off for my nephew's Graduation in less than 20 minutes!!
I LOVE sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!
Creative Wishes,
Claire S.
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

Cricut Couple said...

Another fantastic design! Love it!