Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, May 14, 2012

Mini Smash Book (Memories In Tyme Blog Hop)


Welcome to the Memories in Tyme blog hops - where you will find some seriously talented people who love to share their ideas with you!

If you are looking for my BugBytes Guest Design post, please go HERE.

Our hop today and tomorrow is anything relating to mini albums - doesn’t matter the size as long as it’s mini and it’s an album!!! This is Lynda’s favorite project - making mini albums - where you can take a set of pictures and scrapbook them and complete a project in a day or less! Great for gifts for special people, (Mothers Day is coming up you know), and just fun to showcase a trip, birthday or shower even!

Now, if you just happened upon my blog, then please go back to the beginning which is at Lynda’s blog (http://memoriesintyme.blogspot.com/). Besides, the beginning is always the best anyway!!!

Here is a complete line up in case you get lost along the way:





With Smash Books being all the rage, I started collecting things to put into mine.  I keep all of my left over cricut cuts and cute paper and embellishments in a folder.  The problem is, I just can't seem to put anything in my book just yet ~ fear of commitment!!!  I am afraid to stick something down just in case I find a better place for it later.....lame I know but that is the truth!  

My son is a junior and has already been invited to several Graduation parties, so I decided to make a mini Smash Book as a graduation gift for one of the girls!  I just might need to make some more!!

I started with these large tags from 7 Gypsies and some of my cricut cuts, scrap paper and a coin envelope. I added my Zutter Bind-it-all and a little ink and got started.
Inside the front cover I added DREAM and a pocket.  I cut the top of a coin envelope off and used a circle punch to cut a half circle.  I put some Tim Holtz tickets inside the pocket.  I punched the side of this burgundy left over shape and added it to my book.


I included this Things to Do tag.

I layered some papers and added them to the book.



I created a pocket with this striped paper and put some smaller beige cardstock papers inside.

I punched holes in this Bingo Card and added it to the center of these two pages.



I inked a red LOVE cut out with some brown to distress it and smashed it to the back cover.

Thank you for checking out my project, now follow the links below and remember to visit all the stops for MAXIMUM ideas and LOTS OF FUN!!! Next up on the hop is BLUE, make sure you check out her fun project!!!


12 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Love your Smash book Lori... how much fun filling it with ideas and thoughts this will be! TFS

Unknown said...

Absolutely awesome project - thank you so much for joining me - I just might have to get the supplies and make one for my daughter - I'm sure she will LOVE it! GREAT JOB girl - just GREAT!!!

Darla said...

Great job!! Who knows... Maybe if you make enough of them for others you might even commit to gluing your own together. ;)
I am absolutely the same though!! I have made things for challenges that just weren't my style and laid it out took the picture for the challenge and then took it back apart since I hadn't actually glued it. LOL

Anonymous said...

Very cute smashbook. Very inspirational. You did a very good job!

Tlmiller.tasha@gmail.com
Scrapbrat07.blogspot.com

Aim said...

Lori, I LOVE your smash book!! You put so much work into your projects -- They always turn out to be FANTASTIC!! :)

BIG HUGS,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Bhawana said...

Lovely smash book. I am loving this hop.

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is terrific. Great job.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Great Smash book! Such cute elements and pages. I love doing these.

rlovew said...

Adorable smash album! I need to work on making one of these for a short trip this summer.

Vicki said...

You know, I have never tried a smash book..something to do with "commitment" lol I am afraid that mine will just look like pages with :stuff: stuck all over them but yours is so cute. I was afraid to try the toilet paper roll albums to but as you can see on my blog here I conquered that and now I am wondering what took me so long. SO my advise to you is..start stickin and let the fun begin.:) You have a fabulous book her and I am sure the young lady will LOVE it!

transport7800@aol.com
http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com
follower

Claire Spielman said...

I guess to THINK BIG , you need to THINK SMALL??? I love your small SMASH book and I have never tried one but this summer , I just might! Thanks for the inspiration and I'm sure she'll treasure it!
Creative Wishes,
Claire S.

Anita said...

Soooo cute---I just love these smash books---and yours is adorable.
Hugs, Anita