Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Coffee Card


I am not a coffee drinker, but I have a friend who is.  I saw a cut in the Silhouette store of a coffee to go cup and wanted to make it into a card for her.  I do have to say that I really enjoy welding and creating my own projects (as opposed to just cutting out someone else's designs) but once I was finished with my card I did see another file in the store for a card like mine!!

So, if you want one and don't want to make your own, you can search for it in the store.

When I make cards, I try to make at least two of each.  I send my extra cards to my friend Sherry Honeycutt for her Cards for the Arkansas Children's Hospital.  You can find more information HERE if you are interested in donating cards.




I moved the images off the mat and ungrouped them.  I highlighted and grouped the sleeve as it has several pieces.  This I learned the hard way - in cricut an image is grouped until you hide contour, in silhouette each piece is separate - drives me a little crazy when I forget this!!

I copied the cup base (so I could keep one that is not welded) and moved one cup base to the mat.

I sized my cup base to 5 inches and copied it.  I flipped the copy and moved it to the top of the first cup.  I welded them together.

Then I copied the welded cups for my second card.


I cut these out in white cardstock.


I moved the cards off the mat and moved the copy of the cup base on.  I copied it.


I cut it out in kraft colored cardstock.


I moved the lid and sleeve to the mat and copied them.  


I cut them out in bright blue cardstock.


I got brave here and put the heart (with a copy) and the sleeve shadow piece (also with a copy) on the mat.  I don't have much luck with my cameo cutting different papers on one mat.  The blade housing tends to get stuck and drags and then the rest of my cuts are all messed up.

This time I taped the two cardstock papers together all along the seam.


I cut out the hearts in pink and sleeve in white cardstock.


I assembled the front of the card and tied some twine around the sleeve.  I added a bow to the heart with my glue pen.

I do not have many stamps, but did find one that said simply "Hello" from MyPinkStamper.  I stamped the front of the cards before I put them together.




I pop-dotted the heart on the twine.


Here is a side view of the card.


Here is my latte card from a non-coffee drinker!!  It would also work for hot chocolate for kids, but I don't really like hot chocolate either.  I much prefer super cold diet Dr. Pepper!!!  Maybe I will find one of those images in the Silhouette Store someday?!

No comments: