Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, June 8, 2012

Watermelon Mini Card




Welcome to My Cricut Craft Room's Picnic Blog Hop!!!  We have a variety of Picnic inspired projects for you!

If you found me first, please go to the BEGINNING so you don't miss anything.  Below is a complete list of blogs in the hop!




When I think of a picnic,  I think of juicy slices of watermelon ~ yummy!!

I wanted to make a window card with a juicy slice, so I started with my Gypsy.

On the "card" function key in the Going Places cartridge, I found this square frame card.  I sized it to 3 inches tall.

I found this watermelon from Doodlecharms.  This watermelon fit the inside cutout area better than the other watermelons I found.  I sized the shadow of it to 1.92 and welded it inside the frame.

I added the watermelon layers to my mat, all sized to 1.92. 

I used cardstock from my scrap file to cut out my pieces. 

When I cut out the red layer I realized there were no seed cut outs.  I re-cut the red layer and trimmed off the rind.

In order to use patterned paper on the front of my card, I copied the card on my mat and positioned it off the mat.  This allowed me to cut just a little more than the front of the card.  I trimmed the extra off and adhered it to the front.

I inked the green layer with green ink.

I adhered the layers on the card.

I put glossy accents on the seeds and tied twine around the left side.

What is your favorite picnic food??

Thanks so much for stopping by!!  Your next stop is the Awesome APRIL!

44 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your watermelon. It is great to have at a picnic on a hot summer day!
Lisa
http://ourcraftingcorner.blogspot.com/

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lori, what a cute little card. I love the summer look and feel of this card! TFS

Janet's Planet said...

super cute!!
Janet Royer

Pink Dalmatians said...

very cute card! & thank you so much for showing all the detail to how you made it.

Karen Bahit said...

WATERMELON!!! :) This card it so cute... and very unique!!

Did I see a cast on a arm?? You did some beautiful crafting if indeed that is your arm.

Thank you for sharing your talent.

Karen
https://www.facebook.com/karenseventhdeployedmombahit

Jenn's Paper Crafts said...

Your little card is too cute :) My favorite picnic food is watermelon :)

scrapBugz said...

Sweetly adorable watermelon card! Love it. TFS

Mandy
scrapbugzmandy @ gmail dot com

TeresaK said...

Super Cute!!
Teresa
MCCR DT

silvia said...

Darling mini card!!

Jessica Buffa said...

What a fun window card and great idea to add glossy accent to the seeds. Beautifully done!
Happy to have hopped in!
:O)
Jessica S

Migdalia said...

LOL...Super Cute and Yummy card!!!
Mrodriguez860@hotmail.com

KathyJo said...

Great little mini card and super picture tutorial. Thanks for sharing with us.
KathyJo
http://skrappindiva.blogspot.com

Desi Lee Designing Divas said...

Super Cute Love ur card & the colors r great together.

MCCR DT, Lisa

Cathie w said...

adorable...love it

cathie
scraphappycat@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

very cute TFS!
melissastampingvoila.blogspot.com

Audrey said...

Love your watermelon card, so cute. I don´t own a Gypsy so the step by step helped a great deal. My favorite picnic food is watermelon, I just love it.
Thanks for the inspiration.
God Bless

Jodie R said...

Very cute!! Thanks for the tutorial!! Great job!!

Craftmom said...

Cute card. Great Gypsy instructions.

Kards by Kathi said...

Love your card and your great instructions. They were so clear and understandable. Thanks for your great teaching.

Sheri said...

Love the card! Allergic to watermelon so I will have to say my favorite picnic food is homemade deviled eggs!

Sherii at cfl dot rr dot com

scrapbookingforfun said...

Super Cute and love the detailed info!!!
MCCR DT Shelley
shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com

Karon said...

Great little card and thanks for showing us how you put it together.My favorite picnic food is pineapple. But I love watermelon too :-) TFS


http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Brendanc said...

Love your window card. The watermelon looks soo awesome. TKS.

Sherry said...

Very nice....love the window idea

cema1cema said...

Great job, love this card! christina

Heather Lynn said...

Your watermelon card is adorable! thanks for the tutorial!!

mamawcindy said...

Oh, Your Card is So Cute! I may just have to try to make this! Thanks for the Inspiration! My Favorite Picnic Food! Hard question, I do Love Baked Beans.:0)

Pattie Mcginnis said...

Super cute. Love the window

Suzys Crafts said...

I see we had the same idea but completed completely different projects! so funny how much you can do with the cricut. I just love your watermelon card!

Cathy said...

super job on the card, what is a picnic without watermelon?
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

An'Jenic G. said...

Wow this is so cute and I thanks for the tutorial. TFS AJ!

rlovew said...

Such a cute card- thanks for sharing your steps.

Unknown said...

awesome watermelon card ;)

thanks for sharing ;)

Haidee said...

super cute! happy to hop with you!!

Brittany Kohl said...

LOVE this! So cute, I'm going to have to try this out with different shapes! TFS!

angie ashuk said...

So cute!! Loving this hop. Great job!

Maria said...

So cute! I think it would also make a really cute gift tag or summer invites to picnics and cookouts!

maria_m_nestor@yahoo.com

Debbie said...

what a great way to use 2 different unrelated carts thanks you gave us all something to think about
upnurse at aol dot com

Miranda said...

Adorable!
Miranda :)

missstamper said...

So very cute!

missstamper (at) yahoo.com

Sue D said...

Very cute watermelon card--this is my favorite picnic food.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

marg0006 said...

Super sweet & yummy card. Like the window design.

marg0006 at verizon dot net

Kathy Salido said...

Very cute card!!
Kathy
Salido99@msn.com
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Pink Cricut said...

Too too cute- I love Mini Cards!!