Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, April 15, 2013

Baseball Pennant


Hi!!!  I am so excited to share my very first CricutDIVA post with you today!!  It is official - I am a DIVA!!!



My middle son is graduating from High School in just over a month (sniff, sniff).  He is also a baseball player (catcher) and I have been working very hard at making his graduation party decorations.

I was inspired by a post on Pinterest to create my centerpiece.


I started with my Gypsy Girl and opened a 12x24 mat.


I used the shadow of this pennant from Locker Talk sized to width 15.24 x height 7.12.

Once I sized the shadow layer to 7.12 inches, I put all of the pieces for the banner on layers of my Gyspy all sized to 7.12 inches.


I used watercolor paper to cut out the base of my pennant.  Watercolor paper is very sturdy and it cuts well on the cricut.  I use it for banner flags and mini album pages too.


I used multi-cut of 2 and the blade depth at 5 (which is the depth I use for cardstock). 


I put the pennant in the next layer of my Gypsy, sized the same.  I wanted the pennant to be white and the tassles to be blue, so I hung the tassles off the mats.


I cut out two in white cardstock, one for each side.  I trimmed off the edges and adhered one piece to each side of the watercolor paper layer.


In Gypsy Layer 3, I put the tassels, borders and the numbers from Varsity Letter sized to 2.28 inches.


I cut them out in blue paper (I call this shade Titan Blue for my son's high school).


In Gypsy Layer 4, I put the baseball layer from Boys Will Be Boys sized to 6.15 inches.  

On the bottom half of the mat, I put the numbers from Varsity Letter sized to 2.28 inches.

I also put the graduation cap from Recess sized to 1.82 inches.


I cut out the baseball in white cardstock and the rest in black cardstock.


I decided later I wanted a second graduation cap so I copied and pasted one to the next Gypsy layer along with the base of the baseball.  I cut them out in black cadstock.


I opened a final Gypsy layer and kept the eyeball open on the tab so I could see the baseball base (shown in grey).  I copied the baseball onto this layer and sized it to 6.74 inches to create a shadow.  I cut the layer out in blue cardstock.


I adhered the blue tassels on the pennant.  I cut several strands of twine and tied a knot in the center.  I used my ATG gun to adhere them to the blue tassels.  Once adhered, I trimmed the edges of the twine.


I used my Sew Easy to punch holes in the border piece.  I used the red and white twine to stitch around the edges. 

I pop-dotted the border piece to the pennant.


I adhered the baseball layers and pop-dotted the number 8 (Tyler's jersey number) and the graduation cap to the pennant.

I used a liquid glue pen to adhere blue and white twine to the edges of the pennant.


Here you can see the dimension.


On the other side of the pendant, I adhered the numbers and pop-dotted the second graduation cap.

Before I adhered the border to the pennant, I used ATG to adhere a wilton cookie/cake pop stick to the pennant.  I reinforced the stick with some tape.  

I pop-dotted the border on with an extra layer of pop dots to account for the height of the stick.


Here is the reverse side of the pennant.



This will be a center piece for one of the food tables at Tyler's graduation party.

Thanks for joining me today!!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Lori this is so outstanding! I love the idea and the details on how to do this is fantastic. TFS~Mary
http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

Teresa said...

Great job~ I love it!

Teresa

Jenny said...

Totally AWESOME!!!!! As far as being a "Diva" ....that's carrying it a bit far don't you think? LOL You are amazing & inspiring!

Jenny said...

Totally AWESOME!!!!! As far as being a "Diva" ....that's carrying it a bit far don't you think? LOL You are amazing & inspiring!

Charlotte C said...

So happy to see someone using her Gypsy. What I miss most in Design Space (though I must admit the Explore is totally awesome) is the ability to have different mats to copy and paste to. But there are easy ways to work around it. TFS.

Charlotte C said...

P.S. - I love your avitar!