Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Saturday, April 20, 2013

Graduation Cards


Happy Graduation Cards!!


My middle son is graduating next month and he has a lot of friends.  I am making a LOT of graduation cards!!!  I typically don't like to mass produce my work, but in this case I would drive myself crazy (and run out of time) if I didn't!

I did use a file from Silhouette to cut out the jumping graduate and hats.  I am new to Silhouette but I still prefer the Gypsy.  I can file all of my project pieces in one place and refer back to them when I need measurements for blog posts.

I LOVE having the option to open several layers in a project too.  This project has 12 Layers and three card designs.


I used CTMH Artiste for the scalloped circle.  I sized them to 4.62 inches (3 inches using Real Size).

On one page, I hid the outer circle so I cut out the scalloped circle.  I cut these out in white cardstock.


On the second page, I hid the inner scalloped circle and cut out the shadow circle.   I cut these out in black cardstock.




I used Birthday Bash for the numbers and sized them to 1.25 inches.

I custom the colors of the numbers to match the school.  I have an entire page of 2013 to cut out in blue for my son's school.  The red and maroon are for some of his friends from other schools.


I used my 5" Xyron to put adhesive on my numbers.


I saved a piece of the leftover cuts to use as a stencil.  I placed my numbers inside the template and carefully peeled off my blue "leftover" paper.  I do this to line up my letters (or in this case numbers) perfectly every time!





I added some matching twine and stickles to finish the card front.


I punched a 2" circle and stamped the sentiment inside.


This card I did a little different on the outside.


I am off to finish the blue cards!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: