Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, April 26, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree (Frosted Designs)



This week, our new challenge begins at Frosted Designs.  It is a 2 part challenge, using doilies and following the sketch below:


You have 2 weeks to create and link up your project on the side bar at the Frosted Designs Blog.


I used a phrase from Winter Frolic for my title.  I sized Oh Christmas Tree at 1.35 inches.


I chose two shades of green cardstock for the cuts.  I adhered the C R S M S onto the title.

I wanted the title to stand out a bit, so I cut out a tag to adhere it onto.


I found this tag on CTMH Artiste and sized it to 1.59 inches.  I cut out two tags since the paper I used was thin. 


I adhered the two tags together, then adhered the title on top.


I used my Tim Holtz distress marker (Barn Door) to ink the edges.


I cut these ornament borders from Winter Frolic at 1.47 inches.

I ended up cutting out two each in red, green and gold metallic cardstock.


I trimmed 1/8 inch off of each edge of my music cardstock to create a border behind it.  I kept one of the strips and adhered the ornament borders onto it.  I overlapped the ornaments to add interest.

I adhered this strip down on my layout under the pictures.


I adhered the ric rac ribbon on top of the border strip.  This give me an ornament banner.


This quote was on the bottom of the music cardstock - the 1/2 inch that has the bar code that you typically cut off and throw away.  I trimmed it out, inked the edges red and created a border with a scrap of green cardstock.

I started out making my own doilies out of cardstock, but then I found these red doilies.  They are leftover heart shaped doilies from Valentine's Day.  I really like the red color!  I trimmed them and positioned the doilies to look like circles.


I adhered the title on top of the photo.  It may be hard to see in the pictures, but the song printed on the cardstock is Oh Christmas Tree - how perfect for my layout!!!


I also loved the cardinal in the bottom corner so I made sure not to cover much of him up.

We have at least 3 trees every Christmas.  This tree is our live tree.  I love that Tanner is on Mike's shoulders in order to reach the top of the tree!!  Tanner decorated the entire tree this year :)

Don't forget to dig out some of your doilies and create a layout based on the sketch!  Join us at Frosted Designs!!



No comments: