Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Saturday, April 20, 2013

Baseball Wreath (Green is Good Blog Hop)


Hello and welcome to the Green is Good Blog Hop!!!


We are creating projects out of something recycled or re-purposed.  There are tons of ways to get greener in everyday life and today we are showing off our creations to celebrate Earth Day 2013.

If you found me first, please head over to the BEGINNING so you don't miss anything (especially her blog candy)!!  

Here is a complete list of blogs in the hop in case you get lost along the way:





Now for my project:


My husband has coached baseball for 17 years so far.  We have several (and I mean a LOT) of baseballs in our garage.  I was able to get him to let me use 14 of them for a wreath project that I saw on Pinterest.  He grumbled something about "wasting perfectly good baseballs" as he collected them :)

He drilled a hole in each ball.  Look what came out of the middle!!


I untwisted a wire hanger and strung the balls on it.



I twisted the ends together using pliers.


I found this baseball glove on Boys Will Be Boys and sized it to 3.50 inches.


I re-used this banner flag.  It was an extra piece from another banner.  Both of my boys are playing on baseball teams and wearing blue.  

The red and white twine is from a Christmas candle.  It was tied around the top as decor and I kept it.


I inked the glove and layered the pieces.  I glued on some knots from leather cording to make the glove look real.


Here is a close up of the glove.


I strung the banner with the twine and a couple of strands from the burlap ribbon.  I tied the banner to the sides of the wreath.


I tied a bow out of burlap ribbon and attached it to the top of the wreath.

This wreath hangs on my front door!

Thanks for stopping by!!  Your next (and final) stop is Holli!


No comments: