Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, April 8, 2013

Sympathy Cards for a Special Lady



Hello!  I have such a hard time making sympathy cards.  I try to tailor the color scheme or theme to the individual.  This individual was very dear to me.  Helen was my SIL's mother.  My SIL is like a little sister to me and I just loved her mom!  I was so sad to learn that Helen's health was declining.

Helen's favorite color was orange.  She loved flowers and animals.  I made two cards, one for her husband and the other for Amie (SIL).

I am sharing these swing cards today at the BugBytes.  I just love these cards from CTMH Artiste cartridge.



I have a file in my Gypsy titled cards.artiste and I have all the cards saved with coordinating shapes.

I put two of each card (sized to 5 inches) on a page so that an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of cardstock will cut  both.

I used kraft cardstock for these cards.


I used this butterfly from Hannah Montana sized to 1.16 inches for one of the cards.

The circles came from Artiste and are sized to 3.51 inches.  I hid the scallops on two of them.

The flower shape is from Mother's Day Bouquet and sized from 1 - 1.82 inches.

I used cardstock papers to cut out the pieces.  I used my McGill stylus to round up the flower petals.



I added some crystals to the butterfly and outside of this card.  I also added a strip of orange patterned cardstock to the inside edge.


I stamped an orange scalloped circle with Sympathy from Pink By Design stamps


I adhered the scallop edge from the orange circle to the yellow circle and added the butterfly layers.



On the second card, I used washi tape to make leaves and adhered the flower on.  I added a crystal to the center of the flower.


Again, I stamped the sentiment on the inside.  I added some washi tape to the inside of this card.


Here is a close up of the flower.

I have many fond memories of laughing with Helen!  I am so glad she was in my life :)



I hope you have a wonderful day!!


4 comments:

- - Sheryl - - said...

Wonderful cards and sorry for your loss

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Sorry for your loss.
The cards are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

papillon digital design said...

Sorry for your loss Lori. Beautiful card. TFS

Created by Kathi said...

Lori, thanks for sharing your loss with us... it is good to share fond memories of those that are no longer around... how nice that you made cards in her image for her family! I am sure they will find solace in the beautiful cards you made! Kathi