Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, April 1, 2013

Love Mini (File Folder)



If you are looking for the Little Prince Blog Hop, please go HERE.


I am super excited to be at She's A Sassy Lady today.  

I do not have an April Fool's project for you, unless you count the big April Fool's joke Mother Nature has been playing on us!!!

I am using spring colors because I am waiting patiently for spring weather to come!!!

I saw a project similar to this a while back and wanted to give it a try.  I am taking a short break from scrapbooking - I have been at it hard and heavy since my middle son will graduate next month and I have to have his album completed!!


I bought a pack of 10 file folders at the Dollar Store and paired one up with this yummy DCWV Stack of paper called Collage Art.  I found this at Michaels.


I took one of the file folders to make a template.  I folded the bottom 4" up to create a pocket.  I then folded in 4" from the center out on each side.  This was easier than measuring from the outside edge due to the tab.  

I have seen other dimensions, I just kind of eyeballed what I wanted and measured.



The banner was fussy cut from one of the squares.

Can you believe I did not even use my Gypsy or Cricut???





I used my ATG gun to adhere the edges of the pockets.

I cut some pieces from the paper pack.  One page had several sayings and a couple of journal tags on it.  I trimmed them to fit my space.

I inked all of the edges in pink.


Here is the back.  I used a big piece of yellow paper to cover the back.


I adhered some 3Girl JAM ribbon under the paper in order to tie the mini album closed.


This was a fun little project to make.  I have 8 more file folders and lots of paper so I will probably make more :)

Thanks Sheila for having me over today!!

I am also linking up at Pink By Design :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful April!




7 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lori, this is just beautiful. I love the design and the wonderful papers you chose. Just delightful. Thanks for sharing today at She's A Sassy Lady!

Jessica Kephart | A Homespun Affair said...

SOOOO Cute!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Lori, hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter weekend!!!

I saw this project first over at Sheila's and you did a wonderful job. I love it!!!

Hugs!

Mary Ann said...

AWESOME!!!Lovely project,My granddaughter is also in May...

Mary Ann said...

Soooo very cute!!!!

Anita said...

I've always wanted to try this file folder project. You've got my juices rollin'. Love the colors and design.
Thanks for sharing over at the Pink Cricut.

God bless and have a grateful day,
Anita aka Nit
www.nitscreativecorner.blogspot.com

Debra Lovell said...

Awesome project! Great inspiration...Thanks! "Happy Spring"