Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, December 5, 2014

12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop Day 12


Welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop Day 12.  Today is our final day!!!  This hop will take place  November 24th through December 5th and the new postings each day will be posted by 8am eastern standard time. This hop will be full of wonderful ideas and inspiration to get you well on your way  of creating all of those beautiful Christmas project. This is an awesome way to get a lot of your Christmas cards, and scrapbook layouts  finished, home decorations completed and maybe even be inspired to  create something using a new technique that you have never tried.  There will be a new project posted each and every day by all the wonderful  amazing ladies in this hop. Also each day we will have a guest designer  or two for you to visit.

This is one of my favorite bog hops to participate in every year as it motivates me to create for the holidays!!  The sponsors are on Lisa's BLOG - be sure to visit and comment every day and you just might get a prize!!!

My project for today is a very special ornament:



William is one of my daycare boys who went off to Kindergarten this fall.  He drew a picture of me and wrote his name.  I asked him and his twin sister to write their names for a special ornament I wanted to make for mom.  This ornament idea came later!!

I copied and traced his name and the picture of me using my Silhouette Cameo.  I put a circle on my mat to represent the ornament size I was using and sized the images to fit inside.

I cut everything out in white vinyl.
To make this sparkly ornament, you need a glass ball ornament (mine is a flat ball ornament), Polycrylic, glitter and a funnel.  Use the funnel to put the polycrylic into the ornament.  Slowly turn the ornament until all parts are covered (do not shake as it will cause bubbles).  Turn the ornament upside down and drain excess polycrylic into a disposable cup or egg carton.  This just takes a minute or two to drain.

Use the funnel and pour in extra fine glitter.  Slowly turn the ornament until all parts are covered.  Empty excess glitter back into the original glitter container.

I have really enjoyed this hop and I have been doing it for a few years!  I hope you were inspired and have a Very Crafty Christmas!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Your next stop is the Amazing ASHLEY!!

Here is a complete list of bloggers in the hop in case you get lost along the way:
2. Scrappin Madge ~ www.thescrappinlounge.com

14 comments:

Iris said...

What a precious keepsake - love the sparkle.
I follow your blog.
isoscia at aol dot com

Sarah Biswabic said...

What an adorable idea! I am sure she will love it!

Miranda said...

Super cute!
Miranda :) BL

mamawcindy said...

Oh I Love It! So Sweet. Wish I could make some of my Grand Children. Thanks for Sharing. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.

Pamela Lash said...

Love the personalization and such a darling keepsake for the future - loved being in the hop with you and admiring your creativity!!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this. I have been wanting to make some good "keepsake" ornaments from my kids. I am going to put their list to Santa inside each year so I wanted ideas for the outside. Thanks for the idea and the tips!

lindaplus3 said...

what a special treasure.... would love to try that for my children and grandchildren :) Merry Christmas :)

Golden Goddess Designs said...

what a very special project! so very nice of you to do this!! thanks for all your wonderful project during the course of the hop!

Beth said...

Beautiful ornament, the color is dynamic. This will be a treasure many years to come. I have enjoyed hopping with you & seeing your wonderful projects.

~Beth
Follow me @ The Crafty Scrap Yard

Charlotte C said...

Time did not permit me to do the entire hop, but I'm glad to get to see what you've created - beautiful. These ornaments seem to be all the rage on FB. Love how personal you made yours.

Colleen said...

That is so sweet, their mom is going to love it. Thanks for sharing how you made them. BL

Lisa said...

So sweet, great idea.

Cely said...

omg how cute is this? love it!

Weekend Craft said...

You are so incredibly thoughtful! Thank you for linking up last week at Creative Spark Link Party! Hope you stop by today to link up and enter our giveaway! http://bit.ly/1GNpmUs