Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, January 24, 2011

Cat Tails

I am working on a scrapbook for my friend Beth.  Her cat Flower passed away recently.  I asked her to write down some stories about Flower and then I created some cats to represent Flower.  I have to say I am having so much fun making this album for Beth and her family!

I used Storybook for the title.  I used Christmas for the window.  I cut the shadow out of a wall paperish kind of paper.  I cut the window out twice.  I pop dotted the second window on top of the first for a little dimension.

Some of you may have seen this sneak peek on facebook.  I wanted Beth to see what I was working on.  Flower loved to sit on Grandma's slippers and sleep on Beth's feet.  I took the cat from A Child's Year and welded the shadow image to a pair of slippers, then flipped the cat and welded one to a pair of shoes.

I used the laptop, books and notebook paper from Locker Talk, the cat from Paisley on top of the books. 
I welded two trees together from the Heritage cartridge and cut it out in two different greens to create the bush. I used the cat looking up at the bird from A child's Year.  I cut the cat out of white and green and just cut the green cat and shovel off the grass.  I glued the cat down first, then the bush.  I trimmed the extra bush parts off the edges of the paper.  I added a little brown ink to the grass and bushes.




Here they are again.  Since Beth did not have pictures to go with these particular stories, I created my own!

Watch for more pages to come!!

3 comments:

K-E Kreations said...

That is very sweet of you. I'm sure it means alot to her & her family.

Audrey Frelx said...

Lori, you are such a sweetheart! I've always known it and you keep showing it!!! The layout is so sweet, so pretty!

Barb Craft said...

This is soooo sweet! Your friend will treasure this! Love all the cats on this LO!
Barb :)