Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, January 17, 2011

Gifford Farm layout

Tanner took a field trip with his preschool class last spring to Gifford Farm.  I am working on paring down the number of photos I put in his scrapbook as I tend to take way too many!!  Here are the top 7 photos!

I used Cherry Limeaid for the font.  I use Heritage for the windmill and the barn & tractor on the next page.  I used Old West for the wagon wheel.  In the photo, I put the wagon wheel right over the one on the cart.  I used it to ground the three photos together.  I cut out the windmill in red and silver with the intent of creating a layer, but ended up just gluing the silver on top of the red.  The boot and cowboy hat were cut out from scrapbook paper.

In this layout you can see the paper.  It came from a paper pad called All About Boys (I think) and I found it at Michaels.   
There was no shadow feature for the barn, so I cut out a second barn in black and used Hide Contour to hide all of the inside cuts.  In order to ground the barn with the photo mat, I used two different greens from my scrap pile to create this fringed grass.  I inked them with a brown stamp pad.
I am working hard at using some of my non-go to carts!!!

7 comments:

Barb Craft said...

Lori...this is soooo cute!! I totally know what you mean about using/taking too many photos! I have the same problem!! heehee!! You picked some great ones to use on this LO! And the greass in front of the barn turned out great!!
Barb :)

Kim said...

I love your two page layout!! Really Cute:)
~Kim

Debbie said...

Great two pager Lori! You certainly put your Cricut to use!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Lori, this is so cute!!! You're really good because I don't think I'd be able to pare down the pictures; I'd be trying to stuff them all in there and ruin the appearance of the book!!! One reason I have a difficult time getting started scrapping, because I want ALL the pictures to be seen in one place!!! LOL!!!

Fern said...

Super cute layout, Lori!!! Looove the photos and the cricut cuts are perfect!!!! This is going to be such a fun album!!! Hugs!!!

GabyCreates.com said...

Lori, I think it's wonderful how you were able to use several carts, get cretive with the fringe grass and use the hide contour feature to create your barn!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Well how did I miss this cute page? Love it and did you know I spent every summer on a dairy farm while growing up. I think every child should have this experience as it was fun and see look at your guys... they had a ball I bet.