Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, January 28, 2011

Monochromatic Purse Card (Frosted Designs)

Here is my project for this weeks Fabulous Friday Monochromatic Challenge at Frosted Designs.  I used a digi stamp from CocoDingo, one of our sponsors.  I am normally a scrapbooker, so this was a challenge for me in a couple of ways.  Normally, crafters use stamps with cards which was my first challenge.  Me being a little technically challenged could not figure out how to change the size of the digi stamp, so I just made it into the card.

I used my Bamboo tablet to color in the red purse and pink flower.  After I printed it out, I cut out the purse except for the strap.  I traced and cut out a card the same shape as the purse out of white cardstock folded in half.

Before gluing the red purse to the cover of the card, I glued a pink ribbon handle to the top of the purse.

To add some shading, I used a Fantastyx and my red stamp pad.

I put a purse charm through the ribbon.

I put pink stickles on the flower petal and white enamel accents on the dots.

I added a sentiment inside (in red of course).

And here is my purse once again.  The challenge this week is monochromatic and that can be a card, layout or other project.  Check it out HERE.

9 comments:

K-E Kreations said...

Great card! Love the stickles and the white accents.

jen said...

This is just awesome!! Love the rich red color....super cute. TFS
hugs,jen
jennsycards.blogspot.com

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great card. I have not done a monochromatic one yet myself! TFS

Summer said...

so cute, great idea and love the charm!

Pauline said...

I love this fun shaped card! The shading is great and I love the cute little bag charm!

Gina Kinde said...

very unique and I loveit. great job. gina kinde ginak1117@att.net

Barb Craft said...

Look at how creative you are!! I never would have thought of turning this into a shape card but you did it beautifully!! Fabulous job with all the details!!
barb :)

Melissa said...

That is fabulous Lori!

Unknown said...

Love your purse. So pretty =)

Hugs from Lilli =)
www.crazycardmaker.blogspot.com