Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Constant Change

I don't have ads on my blog, but every now and I come across something I really want to share with you.  My friend wrote a book once she realized she had a purpose in life that was separate from being a wife, mother, daughter, friend and employee (among other wonderful things).

I have known Michelle for years.  Our children went to the same schools, played baseball in the same town, played in the same neighborhood - but none of our 6 boys are the same age.  We crossed paths often - mostly on the baseball fields and at parent-teacher conferences.

My middle son made National Honor Society as a junior in high school, and Michelle was the featured speaker at the induction ceremony.  I was so moved by her words.  The next time I saw her at the baseball field, I told her how much her speech meant to me.  I was shocked to hear it was her very first speaking engagement!!  She also told me she was writing a book.  That was 2 years ago.

Our paths crossed again a few months ago when she asked for help - something most women have trouble with.  She now leads a women's group and her book signings are taking off as well as her speaking engagements.  She also wrote a lot of quotes as they came to her (they are on her website) and someone asked if she would consider putting them on tiles and selling them.  She contacted me when she saw other vinyl projects I made and asked for help.

What started as a "teach me how to do this" conversation quickly switched to "would you do this with/for me" conversation.  Here are a few that I made for her to sell:





I made this glass block for Michelle to take with her to her events.  Love this question!!!

The first chapter in her book is titled Embrace the Journey.  This book is filled with inspiration, tough questions and lots of insight.  This is a book I will refer to again and again!!!  I encourage you to check out her website and facebook page.

I am giving away one SIGNED copy of Michelle's book.  You can earn a chance by #1 leaving me a comment here, #2 subscribing to her YouTube Channel and leave me a separate comment that you did here, #3 "like" her facebook page and leave me a separate comment that you did here. #4 subscribe to her website/blog and leave me a separate comment that you did here, and #5 follow her on Pinterest and leave me a separate comment that you did here!

I will draw a winner February 28, 2014!


Order Her Book
Facebook Page
Website
You Tube Channel
Pinterest

12 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Lovely sentiments to live by, for sure.

Michelle Homme said...

Very few moments make me speechless and ever humbled and grateful, but you did more than that by honoring and sharing my purpose with your readers, Lori. Thank you, friend!

Karon said...

These are fabulous vinyl projects and love love those wonderful sentiments - thanks for sharing them!

Ann said...

The tiles are beautiful, Lori - words to live by...

Golden Goddess Designs said...

a wonderful collaboration! good luck to you both in your new endeavor!

Anonymous said...

Your tiles are just perfect for these quotes. Beautiful job.

Anonymous said...

I liked Michelle's FB page.

Anonymous said...

I subscribed to Michelle's blog.

Anonymous said...

I subscribed to Michelle's You tube channel.

Anonymous said...

I'm following Michelle on Pinterest.

Barb Craft said...

She sounds like an amazing woman and she is lucky to have you by her side! Your tiles are gorgeous and inspirational!

barb :)

Jenny said...

I've always loved positive quotes & sayings that challenge my current thoughts. I've fallen "off" the wagon of being positive and would love the opportunity to win this book! I'm so happy for Michelle to find her purpose and live her purpose. How wonderful of you Lori to share with your blog followers!