Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, June 18, 2010

Oh the places we'll go...

I am still waiting for my Gypsy to return (maybe today before we leave for baseball....please Mr. Fed Ex man), so I haven't created anything new lately, but I am getting the itch to design again.

That being said, I LOVE vinyl! I have put vinyl on so many things.  I ordered iron-on vinyl and am just waiting to use it!

Here are some of the places I have "vinylized"!!

This first project is vinyl on painted canvas.  This hangs in my daycare bathroom as a fun reminder!












This project is a Family Blessing that my husband's Aunt gave me.  It is not clear by just looking what the photo is, so I added some clarification ala vinyl!










I put Tanner's name on his bedroom door along with his bat car!










My husband put these wonderful slide out trash cans under the counter when we moved in.  The only trouble is...no one knew where the trash was.  Nothing a little vinyl can't fix!! 










I got this vase (and another just like it) on clearance after Valentine's Day.  My kitchen has red walls and black appliances so this vase (not necessarily the flowers) will be on display year round.  Just a bit of black ties it in nicely ~ don't you think?















I made these tiles with my daycare kids.  They colored on the tiles with permanent markers, then I added a little vinyl.











This tile I made for my sister-in-law. I made another one just like it for my other SIL, but with 1998. This was their Mother's Day gift.





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A few tips about vinyl:  I use the settings 3, 3, & 3.  Pressure is 3, speed is 3 and blade setting is 3.  This gives you a nice kiss cut ~ it only cuts the vinyl  not the backing. 
 
I like to line everything up on my Gypsy to see what my project will look like.  If you have an Expression, use the 12 x 24 mat for wordy sayings ~ this keeps everything lined up and ready to go!
 
Weed away the extra vinyl and roll it up as you go to prevent it from sticking to the rest of your project.  Take a dental tool or piercing tool (long sharp metal tool) to pull off all the little pieces.
 
Use clear contact paper or transfer paper to pick up the vinyl ~ this will keep it in place.  Then apply to wall, tile, canvas or whatever you want, rub the design and slowly pull the contact paper or transfer paper off.  If you use clear contact paper, de-stick it a bit by slapping it on your jeans a couple of times.  You can also re-use the contact or transfer paper if you are careful!!
 
Have fun ~ vinyl is very forgiving.  If a small piece tears, you can cut that piece out again and add it to your design. 

3 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

WOW look at the wide variety of projects. Love it.

The Cropping Canuck said...

These are all such great ideas!

Barb Craft said...

Fun ideas.. I might just have to give it a try!!
Barb :)