Welcome to the Bunnies and Blossom Banners for KIDS!!
If you are looking for the Memories in Tyme Easter Blog Hop, please go HERE!
Forty very talented crafty people have come together for a two day hop (Friday March 24th and Saturday March 25th) to showcase handmade banners that will be donated to the children at Pediatric Specialty Care. The hope of these banners is that they bring smiles to these children's faces and awareness of Pediatric Specialty Care to all those that hop along. Here is a complete list of the blogs in Friday's hop.
- Ellen ♥ CardMonkey - http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com/
- Ashley - http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com/
- Jearise - http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com/
- Rachelle - http://creationsbyrachelle.blogspot.com/
- Edwina Brown- http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/
- Theresa ~ www.thescrapbookingqueen.com/
- Nancie ~ http://alittlepieceofmebynancie.blogspot.com/
- Teresa - http://scrappintplace.blogspot.com/
- Theresa Neubaum - http://scrappyartcrafters.blogspot.com/
- Janet S - http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/
- Lori - http://scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com/****HERE
- Jenny - http://crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com/****NEXT
- Doris -http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com/
- Yvette- http://gammascreativecorner.blogspot.com/
- Jenny D - www.yogimemories.blogspot.com
- Sandra http://365daysofcricut.blogspot.com/
- Jeannie - http://polkacabana.wordpress.com/
- Lucy - http://love2createitall.blogspot.com/
- Shelly Lynn - http://kccroppers.blogspot.com/
- Beth McGee - http://motherandaughterdesigns.blogspot.com/
And now, on to my project. The first thing I do when I create is grab my Gypsy.
I found the Scalloped Eggs on Easter 2010 and sized them to 4 inches. I cut them out in yellow cardstock.
Also at 4 inches is the regular Egg from Easter 2010.
I cut the eggs out of this beautiful paper from DCWV called The Painted Petals.
I wanted grass on the bottom of the egg so I grouped the grass from Easter 2010 sized at 1.94 inches with the egg shape. By grouping the grass with the egg, the sides of the grass will be shaped to fit the egg perfectly.
I used two different bunny shapes from Easter 2010 sized at 1.90 and 1.59 and cut them out of shimmery pink cardstock. I cut out the word "spring" from Art Philosophy at .88 inches and cut it out of the same cardstock.
I assembled the pieces and added Liquid Pearls for the bunny eyes. I added some flowers by punching out two different sizes of circles, crinkling and inking them. I used brads to fasten them together.
I glued pink ribbon bows to the top of each egg and strung the eggs together. I punched out green circles and glued the letters on to spell out SPRING.
Thanks for stopping by today!! These kids and their families LOVE these banners!!
We DO have a tasty bit of blog candy to thank you for visiting us today! What's the prize??!
How about a beautiful handmade (courtesy of our Blog Hop Hostess, CardMonkey!) Cricut Cozy Covers?! Each one is individually styled in your pick of colors and embroidered words! These are RARE because CardMonkey does not make them for sale and she usually sticks to paper, not sewing!!
To qualify, there are two steps: 1. Comment on as many Bunny & Blossoms Blog Hop blogs as you wish -- the more blogs on which you comment, the more chances you have to win. There will only be one winner, picked at random by Random.Org.
2. Follow and comment on the CardMonkey blog ... Leave a comment on our Hop Hostess's site (http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com) and let her know if your name is picked, what 2 accent colors you'd like on your Cricut Cozy Cover, and what text you'd like embroidered (up to 3 lines). You MUST be a follower of the CardMonkey blog to win and you MUST leave a way for her to contact you if your name is picked.
Your next stop in the hop is my dear friend JENNY! This is her very first blog hop so be sure to give her some blog love :)