Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, March 12, 2012

Family is Forever

Today is my day to Guest Design for Pam at TheBugBytes.

I took a similar photo of my three sons when Tanner was 2 weeks old.  In that photo, he would not keep his hand open flat so instead we got him to grab his brother's pinkie finger (totally precious).  This Christmas, 6 years later, Tanner suggested we take another "hand" picture ~ so we did!

I wanted to preserve this photo along with a message to my boys about what I wish for them.


I started out by placing a 4x4 square on my Gypsy mat to represent the photo.

I placed this Icon shape from Creative Memories Art Philosophy at 9.31 inches on a new layer.  I cut it out of Tim Holtz double sided paper.  I trimmed it in half then cut off a 2 inch section and flipped the bottom half over.

I cut out Family is Forever from Sophisticated sized to 1.43 inches.  I used black cardstock.
I used Tim Holtz paper to mat my photo and create a journaling tag.  I destressed the edges of hte paper and inked around the photo mat and journaling card.

I used 3 Girl Jam crinkle ribbon across the center of the layout.  I added some metal rings, arrow and brads to the page.

This is a layout that I will frame and display for a while before I add it to my album.  Thanks Pam for having me over today!!


4 comments:

artfuldelight said...

Beautiful LO, love the photo!!

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Beautiful LO! What a wonderful idea.Just love the distressed look and old timey feel. Thanks for sharing the how to's. -Tami

papillon digital design said...

This is such a precious moment. Love the layout and the journaling!. TFS

Cricut Couple said...

Wow! The LO is amazing, but I have to say that the picture is a stroke of genius! What a great memory!!!