Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tanner's Kindergarten Photo

Jinger Adams and The Scpabook Queen are starting a brand  new scrapbooking product line and are having a Design Team Call on Jinger's Blog.  I really love Jinger's enthusiasm and would be very honored to be on her team.  I love The Scrapbook Queen too and have been in some blog hops with her ~ she is super talented!  

I had one of Tanner's kindergarten photos printed in black and white and took this opportunity to scrapbook  it Boy Style!



I started out with my Gypsy and put a 4x6 rectangle on the mat to represent my photo.  I added my title on another layer, a photo frame on another layer and some gears on yet another layer.

This image came from Lacy Labels and is sized to 9.82 inches.  I put this on a new layer and kept enlarging it until it framed my 4x6 photo with enough room for my title on the side.

I cut it out in burgundy cardstock.

I found the gears from Paper Lace 2.  I welded two borders together and sized them to a WIDTH of 11.50 inches.  The single gear is sized to 3.55 inches ~ I cut two so I could layer them.  I found the screw tops from Robotz and sized them to 1.47 inches.

I cut them out of metallic silver cardstock.

I welded Tanner using Varsity Letter (sized to 1.19 inches) to kindergarten using Plantin Schoolbook (sized to 1.19 inches).  I copied the screw tops to this layer and used Hide Contour to hide the "+" in the center.
I am having some issues with my Expression :(  After three attempts to cut this out and some not so nice words, I unwelded the TANNE and cut out the letters separately. 

I grabbed these sign layers from Street Sign sized at 2.41.  I wanted to make a fun journaling tag.

I grabbed the arrow and School Zone from Graphically Speaking and sized them at 1.75 inches and 1.16 inches.

I cut them out of black, burgundy, cream and blue cardstock and put them together.  I trimmed the top of the blue piece to make my sign multicolored.


I used Glossy Accents to glue down my chain.  I used some Tim Holtz paper in the background - perfect for my little boy!

I pop-dotted my arrow and interstate sign/journaling tag over the chain.

I added some staples and pop-dotted the gears border.

I really like how this turned out, well except for my non-welding!  When scrapbooking AND mothering, sometimes you have to be flexible and make things work!!  Thanks for stopping by today!

13 comments:

L.B. said...

Love the black and white for this layout and the gears are just right. Very fun.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a great layout.... I LOVE the gears, how awesome and look how grown up Tanner looks in that photo! TFS

Cricut Couple said...

This LO is Awesome Lori! I LOVE IT! Good luck on Jinger's DT. I have been thinking of trying out, but worried about time if I was lucky enough to get it. Hee! Hee!

Audrey Frelx said...

Lori, what an adorable picture of Tanner and a great layout!!!

I hope you can become a DT member on Jinger's blog; I think you're both awesome talents.

Hugs, my sister-friend!

papillon digital design said...

Another great layout. Love all the embelisshment. The gear border is lovely. TFS

Gloria said...

Terrific layout and a very handsome young man!

Precious Hugs

Scrappy Beads said...

Your project is wonderful... :)
Wishing you a beautifully blessed week,
**Lots of BIG Hugs**
Deborah

TheTulipCollector said...

What a wonderful project. Good luck on the Design Team Call. No matter what happens we are all in for some exciting new products when Jinger rolls out her designs.

Linda - The Tulip Collector

Pink Cricut said...

Such a cute layout!

Beth said...

Beautiful layout, love the colors

LisaB said...

Great Layout!!! Love all the instructions! Thanks for sharing

Lisa B said...

I really love the vintage feel your layout has. Good luck on the design team call!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Gorgeous layout!! I love the colors and all of those gears!

Kimberly