Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, March 16, 2012

Things With Wings ~ Butterfly Card

This week's Fabulous Friday challenge at Frosted Design is Things With Wings.  If you haven't already heard, my Gypsy got very sick.  I have a replacement in process, but had to find a way to create my projects without her for a while.  I dusted off my Cricut Imagine and made this card.

I even tried Cricut Craft Room!!  I do like that I can put the images where I want them on my mat.  I also like that I can separate an image into layers and delete the pieces I don't need.

I don't really know why the brown ink stained the top of my paper or why the butterflies did not cut out.

I trimmed the butterflies.  I trimmed the border off of one of them.  I inked both of them with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo.  

I cut the card in half and adhered the first butterfly to the front.  I cut apart the banner and pop-dotted them across the top corner.  I bent up the wings of the butterfly and pop-dotted the body on top of the first butterfly.  


I used turquoise Martha Stewart glitter glue on the butterfly wings and fire opal on the body and for the spots.  I stamped "flutter" on the bottom corner of the card.

I added "soar!" in tiny alphabet stickers to the banner flags.  I adhered twine across the top of the banner and glued twine knots to the corners of the banner flags.

Here is a side view of the butterfly layers.


Thank you for stopping by today!  I hope you create a project with wings and link up with us at Frosted Designs this week!!

8 comments:

Ellen Jarvis said...

LOVE your butterfly card, Lori, and also like how you added the letters SOAR above it. Very neat colors too. You may want to consider sending it to The Butterfly Project ... you can see my blog sidebar for more info ... that is, unless you have a place where this is going.

P.S. Sorry to hear about your Gypsy's effectiveness wandering off into Gypsy-land. How frustrating!! I haven't yet tried CCR but it sounds like I should! I hate having to cut all the little elements in a paper-piecing when you only need certain pieces in that color.

Much love,
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Love this card. Love the colros and the sparkel.
I understand about your Gypsy, mine got sich to and went to Gypsy heaven after 3 busy years of service. Just thankful I am up and going again.

M said...

Beautiful card!! I want an Imagine!!! I love the Cricut CraftRoom!!

Shawnee said...

This is a beautiful card. I am sorry to hear about your gypsy. I haven't been using mine a lot. I have been using Cricut Craft Room instead. I hope yours is back to normal soon!

Sassy said...

Gorgeous butterfly and colors - love the SOAR pennant.

Pink Cricut said...

Love the turquoise! So pretty!

Froggie said...

I like all of the dimension on this card. I love butterflies too.

tellana said...

Very interesting card and I like reading about how u use your cutting machines - it gives me different perspective on mine. TFS.
Hugs,
Liva ❤