Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring Inspiration (Pink By Design Blog Hop)


Welcome to the Spring Inspiration Pink By Design Blog Hop ~ I am so excited to be here!!  Our assignment today was to use the above photos for inspiration to create a project.

You should have arrived from DANA.  If you found me first, please go to the BEGINNING so you don't miss anything!!!  Here is a complete line up just in case you get lost along the way!


The things that inspired me from the photos were the colors orange and blue, the triangle banners and the pinwheels in the iced tea.

I started with the paper I found at Hobby Lobby.  I took two papers and cut out the pinwheel from Mother's Day 2010 at 3.62 inches.  I used my Gypsy to size up my project.

I also cut the triangle banner flags out from Mother's Day 2010 at 5 inches using light blue cardstock.



I cut out these scallop shapes from Mother's Day Bouquet at 2.18 inches out of white cardstock.  I used my  PBD Everyday Occasions stamps to add some green, blue and orange color to them.  I inked the edges of the circles green.

I wanted a little bit of color and added the butterflies at the last minute.  I was afraid they would be too big but you can hardly see them once the pinwheels are assembled.

 I cut out the orange polka dot paper first.  Then I flipped my design and cut out the plaid paper.  I adhered my papers together.  I intended on using double sided paper but did not find the right colors so I made my own! 

I used a brad to attach the pinwheel together and to the circle.  I found these skinny straws at Michaels in the dollar bin and taped one to the back of each pinwheel.  I trimmed the straws so they were not longer than the banner flags.

I used orange DMC floss to string my banner together.  I wanted to use twine, but did not have orange and tried to make my own but ran out of patience!!!  I think the solid orange looks better so it was all good!

Here is a close up of my pinwheel.

I hung my banner on my daycare door and one of my moms has been eyeing it all week!!!  I will give it to her and make her day!!  I hope you are having a wonderful spring!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  We hope that we have inspired you to create a project too!  Just use the photos at the top of my post as inspiration and link up your project at Pink By Design within 2 weeks!!

Your next stop is the marvelous MELISA!

14 comments:

Lisa Norris said...

What an adorable banner....I love those pinwheels! So happy to be a part of this hop with you!

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

L.B. said...

Super fun banner. Need to make some of those pin wheels. Also I so love your paper I just used it on a banner myself and it just looks so great together.
http://coolbeansbylb.blogspot.com/

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a fun banner with the pin wheels. Great paper choice too. TFS

Fifty-two pairs in 2012 said...

Now this is something differnet - and wonderful. I love banners - gotta give you mad props for the original addition of the pinwheels.
Rosie

Cyndi S said...

I love your banner. Great color combination.
cstephenson at q dot com

Dana Paper Memories4u said...

I've never made a banner before but love the idea of putting pinwheels on it. Dana
papermemories4u@ yahoo.com

Dawn, RI said...

Lovely banner, love the pinwheels.
Dawn RI

Annette Allen said...

your banner is just so amazing...I love those pinwheels..thanks for sharing..

Jenny said...

Lori Darrrhling....this is an absolutely scrap LIFTING idea!!! Thank you! LOL Seriously...I LOVE IT!

JulieK said...

Lori this fantastic!! Such a unique and beautiful banner- great job!

Melisa Alzammar said...

What a cute banner Lori. I love the colors you used for it. So happy to be on this blog hop with you.
Melisa

marg0006 said...

What a super cute idea. very creative!

marg0006@verizon.net

Kim Ricketts said...

very cute banner! I love the pinwheels!

Kim :)

Debbie said...

love the pin wheels
upnurse at aol dot com