Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Thursday, March 15, 2012

C is for Cookie

Hi! I have a fun project today!  I have an adorable set of twins in my daycare who are turning 3 this month!!  They love Sesame Street.  I do not have any of the Sesame Street cartridges, but Mom had a great idea to decorate a cookie jar and make a sign.

I even framed it for her to display at the party.

We started out with this super cool plastic cookie jar that Mom found at Kohls.

I used San Serif for the font.  I put a "C" on my mat sized to 2.52 inches.  The "is for cookie" is sized to .96 inches.  The cookie jar is 5 inches tall, so the entire phrase is gouped to 4.64 inches tall.

When cutting vinyl, I set my Gypsy to 3-3-3 (speed, pressure and blade depth).  I use my cricut dental tool to weed away the extra vinyl.  I use clear Contact paper as my transfer tape - make sure to dirty the contact paper a little on your jeans so it is not too sticky.

I burnished the vinyl onto the cookie jar and peeled off the contact paper.

Just add cookies and it is all ready to party!!
For the sign, I sized Happy Birthday to 1.17 inches, Mallory and William to 1.85 inches, & to 1.26 inches and the rest to 1 inch.  I cut out the entire page in blue.  This gave me my template.

I copied and pasted Mallory, William, M, W and 3 to the next layer and cut them out in red.


I laid my template on a white piece of cardstock and adhered the letters and numbers down.

I peeled away my template to reveal my sign.

I put this in a frame for mom so she could hang it for the party!

Aren't they adorable?  Happy Birthday Mallory and William!!!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a clever idea!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! :-)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a great little gift for them. Awesome project and so thoughtful. TFS

Pink Cricut said...

How awesome is this?!! I bet they LOVED it!!!