Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sea World Layout (Sketch Challenge)

This week, our theme at Sweet Sassy Diva's is this sketch challenge.  This is Lori from ScrappinMyStressAway and I created my layout with some photos of our recent trip to Sea World.  I couldn't decide between Sea World and Dr. Seuss.....
I reversed the sketch and used only a few Cricut cuts this time.  My Gypsy will not cut welded images right now which is very hard for me!!!    I weld almost everything!!!  My E2 was getting updated all day (currently still updating at the time I write this) and I had to unpack my Expression to cut out my images.  To say this layout was challenging would be correct!!!

I used some paper from my new DCWV Paper Pad ~ The Snapshot Stack.  I thought this was fitting as I took a ton of photos at Sea World!

I grouped my cuts for both layouts on one Layer of my Gypsy.  I used Hello Kitty Font for my title and cut out the letters at 1.27 inches.

I cut the whales out from Life is a Beach at 1.82 inches.

I cut out my titles in red cardstock.  I cut the whales out of white and black cardstock.  I cut a little design into the black whale so the white "spots" showed.

I lined up my words where I wanted them to be on my Gypsy so I can use the template to adhere them to my layout.

Perfectly centered and straight every time!!

Here is one of the whales and my journaling tag.  This tag was from a KandCo set.  There was an orange detail that did not match, so I covered it up with the black and white ribbon.

Here is Shamu!  I trimmed a photo from the Shamu Show to the same size as......

Tanner with Shamu!

Sea World was a great time!  I loved the shows and feeding the dolphins!  I hope to return one day!
Thanks for having me on your blog today Bobbi Jo!!!

Come back again to see Dr. Seuss!!

4 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a fun page... love the whales! This is one place I would love to go to and you make it look like fun. TFS

Brenda said...

What a fabulous lo Lori!! I love the colors and papers you used in this lo as well as the font-it is perfect!! I love the whales and love how you made your whales match Shamu!! Love that you flipped the sketch as well. I so hope you get some answers to why your Gypsy won't cut welded images and I hope that your E2 updated for you without any problems!! You have had enough already!!! Hugs, Brenda

Cricut Couple said...

Amazing! I wanna go!!!

Anonymous said...

The way you combine different alphabets is so great..I really appreciate this effort...

custom gift cards
clear cards