Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, March 5, 2012

Look Mom....No Worms LO

Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway.  I am scrapping Tanner's pictures from our annual Ozark vacation.  One of his favorite activities is fishing.  Mike and I are not big into fishing, but my brothers are and Tanner loves spending time with them.  He was very proud that he caught two fish without a "worm" on his hook.  He was using a rubber worm.
When I work on several pages that all go together, I will sketch them out.  Once my sketch is complete, I grab my Gypsy and get to work!!

I started out with this circle frame from Doodletype and sized it to 10.65w x 10.18h.

I cut it out of blue cardstock and placed it on a piece of Kraft Brown cardstock.

Here are my photos. 

I opened another Layer on my Gypsy and put my title on the mat.  I used Batman font and shadow.  The capital letters are sized to 1 inch and the lower case letters are sized to .76 inch.  

I added the waves from Going Places.  The image is a waterskiier on the waves, but I used Hide Contour to hide the skiier.  I sized the waves to 6.23w x 4.99h.  I copied and welded the waves to create a border (total size is 11.5w x 5.84h).  I copied a second border.

I used black cardstock for the shadow letters.  I used red cardstock for LOOK MOM and orange cardstock for no worms!  I went back later and added three more exclamation points so I could use the periods in red in the title.

I cut out the waves in silver metallic cardstock.  I have a hard time matching the color of the water so lately I have been using silver and really like the look.

I inked the edge of the paper and the edge of the photo mats with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

I saved the cut out piece from my shadow letters and used it as a template to line up my words.  I ran my letters through my 1 inch Xyron and stuck them down.

I gently pulled up my "template" and my title was perfect!  This is one of my favorite things about using my Gypsy!!

I grabbed some worms from Boys Will Be Boys and sized them to 1.35 inches.  I found the fish from Paper Dolls for Everyday, Life is a Beach and Boys Will Be Boys.  I sized them at 2.29 - 2.65.

I found fishing poles from Boys Will Be Boys and Paper Dolls for Everyday.  I ended up using the ones from Paper Dolls for Everyday sized to 4.99w x 4.37h.  I thought the fishing vest from Paper Dolls for Everyday would look like Tanner's life jacket, but it did not so I did not use it.  I did use the fishing hat from Paper Dolls for Everyday sized to 2.48w x 4.86h.

I used inks and makeup sponges to color my cardstock.


Here you can see the green, blue and pink in the fish.  They are cut out of the same paper as the waves but look different.  I pop dotted some of them on my page and adhered the rest flat.  This gives dimension.

I added some metal brads and a clip to the hat to resemble pins and a fish hook.  I inked and cris crossed the fishing poles.

I love to handwrite my journaling so I cut out a larger worm (4.04w x 2.53h) in cream cardstock and journaled on it.  I tucked it behind my photo.

The other worms are peeking out from behind the photos too!  I tied knots in some twine and ran it across my page.

Here is my completed layout.



I included a shot of the layout that will go on the page next to it.  Thanks so much Sheila for having me over today!

3 comments:

papillon digital design said...

This so so so lovely! I love the way you have added the circle to zero in on the picture. And the waves and the fish and the cute little hat on the top. Great layout. I am so going to scraplift the sketch. TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a great page...
From title, photos, embellishments and layout this page has it all! Thanks for sharing a great tutorial too with us today at She's A Sassy Lady.

Cricut Couple said...

So Clever! Love all of these layouts! Each one is a masterpiece!!!