Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, March 30, 2012

Recycled Wine Bottle, Lamp Shade, Curtain Hooks and Jeans

This week at Frosted Designs, we challenge you to Recycle or Upcycle.  You can create a layout, card or altered (upcycled) project.  For my project today, I painted a wine bottle, used part of a lampshade, added clips from curtains I no longer have and a bit of denim from an old pair of jeans.  I created my own version of the clip it!
I spray painted a wine bottle with primer and then black paint.  I cut the word Create from Home Decor at 1.24 inches out of a scrap of purple vinyl.  I took apart the lampshade.  I saved the bottom hoop for another project.  I added some clips that were on some drapes when we moved into this house.  I donated the drapes, but kept the clips.

I adhered the vinyl to the bottom of the wine bottle.

I put the cork into the bottle and hot glued the lampshade frame to the top of the cork.

I took a strip of my old jeans and glued it on a cardstock circle to make a flower.  I glued the flower on top of the cork.

I added some of my embellishments and put it on my desk!

I will be using the rest of the lampshade, more denim, more purple vinyl and a cookie sheet find from the good will in upcoming projects!


5 comments:

papillon digital design said...

Whata great recylcing idea. Would never have thought about it

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a cute recyling idea and so useful. TFS

Debbie said...

Your project turned out great!!! I never would have thought of something as clever as this!

Lisa said...

WOW Lori, great job recycling. Love that idea.

Pink Cricut said...

Wow- this is FANTASTIC Lori!! :) Love it!