Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, March 2, 2012

Number Challenge (Frosted Designs)

This week at Frosted Designs, our Fabulour Friday Challenge is to use numbers in your project.  I took this as a great opportunity to do Tanner's birthday pages!  He turned 6 on 11-8-11 and celebrated at Grandma and Grandpa's house and with a new bike from mom and dad.
I  used this 6 border from Graphically Speaking.  I sized the WIDTH to 11.5.  I cut this out twice in red cardstock.

I used blue cardstock for my background paper and found one piece of this Super Dude paper from my stash.   Because the paper is so busy, I justput a 5 inch section across both pages.

I wanted a banner so I grabbed these banner layers from Birthday Bash.  I sized them at 2.22 inches and 1.94 inches.  The font is from Birthday Bash and I sized the numbers to .88 and the letters to 1.0 inch.  The Half Dozen phrase came from Graphically Speaking and is sized at 1.24 inches.


The bike came from April Showers and the gears came from Paper Lace 2.  I sized the bike at 1.94 inches and the gears at 1.0, 1.08 and 1.39 inches.  I cut them out in black cardstock and silver cardstock.


I intended on cutting the banners out in two layers, one with the remaining 2 inches of my patterned paper.  I made a rookie Gypsy mistake and put the paper on wrong!  They put that arrow on the side of the Gypsy mat for a reason!!!  So this is my Plan B ~ black cardstock numbers on orange cardstock.  I used my Tim Holtz mini attacher to secure the twine onto my banner.

I tied some twine around the middle picture and pop dotted it overlapping the other two pictures.

I adhered the black gear to the page and pop dotted the silver one on top of it.



I had a lot of fun with this one and it turned out way different than I originally planned!!  Thanks for stopping by today!

8 comments:

Barb Craft said...

Lori... I LOVE this!! The way you created the background with a combination of the number 6 and number words is so clever!! Fabulous!! It was also very clever of you to put the date on the banner!!! The two pages together look spectacular!

barb :)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

I just love Graphically Speaking just for those numbers! They made an awesome page coupled with those bright colors. TFS

all the days of our life said...

I LOVE this double pager. Great use of the number pp. You did a great job with the challenge.

Debbie said...

Love the use of the Graphically Speaking Cricut cartridge on your background!!! Loving all those 6's! Great layout and kudos to a 2 pager!

Cricut Couple said...

Amazing LO! This is fantastic!!!

Lori Comeau said...

Love this layout. It's so much fun.
http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

tellana said...

Wow - you sure know how to put your cutting machine to good use - I wish I would use mine more often!
I'm so happy to be playing along with such talented lady!
Hugs,
Liva ❤

Sassy said...

Love the banner and how you used "6". Great pics, great colors, great LO. New to FD family so am making the rounds today becoming a follower.